Passing of my grandma

A week to CNY, and received a devastating news, that my grandma had passed away.
It had been unexpected yet expected.

She had been in the nursing home for 7-8 years, due to stroke that immobilized her.
To the extent she had always been sleeping whenever we went to visit her.

I had been looking forward to visit her with my new-born, but ...

In any case, cant control our tears even though her passing will means a relief of pain for her.

Saw our uncle (the last we saw him was at a ritual at Eben's grandpa's wake in 2013) and he asked me why have I put on so much weight.

Explaining to him, triggered the sadness and the tears. Didn't want to say or explain so much. Just told him was pregnant but lost the baby in Dec.

Somehow such explanation is not really correct, as there's nothing wrong with Baby Sarah.
But I seriously don't want to go into details how and why such happened.

My aunts/uncles came to pay their respect, and to show their concern to me.
As I had shunned off all gatherings since Dec 2014.
But for such an "event", it wasn't really possible to do so...

As my grandma was 85, thus my uncle wanted a 5-day wake for her.
Cremation was at Mandai Crematorium, a place we had came in Dec 2014 to send off Baby Sarah.

Tired to say / blog much...

Comments

Popular Posts