National day reveal

Was still hesitating, whether to reveal to my mom and grandma, since we are meeting up for a National day gathering.

I know my grandma has been waiting anticipating for a great-grand-child to cuddle, and my mom as well, had started on hinting big. :p

After discussion with E, we decided to just let both of them know, and them to keep quiet since I'm still in my first trimester.

For this, my grandma understand really well.
(Elderlys often feel it is pantang and shouldn't tell anyone before 3 months, for fear of jinxing and what-nots)

I can see my grandma and mom are happy (the word "happy" sounds too mild) overjoyed yet to keep the suspense to themselves, not an easy task to do!

Another reason for telling my grandma so that the rest won't come and keep asking when I'm planning for one
(Somehow I feel and know, my grandma will tell my aunts/uncles and at the same time ask them to keep quiet and not to ask me about it)

In any case, glad to offload this secret, and let others "keep" on my behalf. :)

Comments

Popular Posts