First Trimester's scare ~ Week 7

Currently in week 7, realized some spotting the night before.
This morning, realized spotting getting more pink/red (Sorry if it's too much info TMI), decide to make a trip to KKH A&E.

Wait and wait and wait... at least waited for 1.5hr-2hr.

Did a swap and urine test, the doc-in-charge suspect there's infection, thus resulted in the spotting. Sent me home, and mentioned will call me when the result is out and if really infection, to come in and collect medication.

Indeed, yeast infection (read more here) will cause spotting.

But I must say, the doc-in-charge @ the O&G (24h), is not really professional?
She forgot I'm pregnant, and I believed she had planned to issue me oral medication (which is a no-no for pregnant women)!!!

Gosh!
As I was on the phone with my colleague, E re-verified if it is safe for pregnant lady to ingest, then they change to suppositories.

Thank God E is not so blur.

Collected the suppositories, used one tonight and decided shall not use it until I see my gynae the next time (Had vaguely remember my gynae mentioned that yeast infection is so common for pregnant ladies and that unless it is causing discomfort such as itchiness or pain, best not to take anything, even if it is suppositories since now only first trimester, which is quite a critical timing)

Also, I'm indeed worried over using it, don't want cause any harm to Little EJ.
Since no itch, and the spotting had went off, I shall just try to control my diet (minimum carbo, but tough).

Comments

Popular Posts