My story: 4th one on the way ...

Well, it does sounds abit weird, to state 4th on way, but that is the fact.


Married since 2009 (if going by customary date), counting... that will be 8 years now.


In 2014, first pregnancy via IVF, singleton, pre-term and ended up in miscarriage @ W22+3 ?
In 2015, second pregnancy via IVF, twins, per-term and ended up in one still-birth, and one, on earth for 1 day before joining his sisters in heaven.


In 2016, My third pregnancy, naturally(!), or the medical term used, spontaneous, singleton, now in week20.


In the past, often wonder how can one get pregnant year on year, and now I'm the same.
Only difference is ... I do not get to carry them alive in my arms.. (even Samuel, as he needed to be admitted to NICU the moment he was out of me and I only got to carry him when he had passed on)


I suppose if back in 2014, I had managed to have a normal pregnancy (giving birth normally), the subsequent pregnancies would not have happen.


In fact, the 3rd one, I can be sure to say, it is not planned.
Even I myself was shocked when the pregnancy kit shows "pregnant 3+ weeks"
(Yes, sucker for the digitial Clearblue to be absolute clear on whether pregnant or not)


Imagined, trying for past 7-8 years but to no avail and had to resort to IVF, and now to fall pregnant naturally without even trying!
(In fact, I can only recalled doing the deed once that month?)


Only when the period didn't come on time, and after procrastinating for 2 weeks, decide to do the test. That's on 25 Jun.


Thus when reflected "pregnant", I seriously cannot believe my eyes... previously did so many tests but always in disappointment.



Whereas this time, not the type of result I wanted to see..
(Had wanted to focus on work, since been neglecting work for these two years.. too disruptive to work and colleagues)

Decide to pop by KKH for a scan and a check-up just to ensure all is well, and that I'm indeed pregnant?

Quite a hoo-ha there though. In fact I found myself rude or nonchalant.


I have an open-date appointment to see the gynecology dept (due to the previous pregnancy). so I arrange for 30 Jun.


Come 30 June.
The nurse told me, the open-date is for normal (gynae) check-up and not pregnancy (obstetrics), and I have to go polyclinic to queue to get another date (if I want to be subsidized)


So I just told the nurse, then its okay. I won't go and Q for a date to check.
She ask me, but you are pregnant, need to see doctor to have a check-up.
Told her, doesn't matter.


Not that I want to.
Think she just feel exasperated with me, and tell me she will try arrange a doctor to see me and see how it goes from there.


So, had a scan, and saw the beanie.
(KKH scan isn't so clear, so can't expect much. Measured at 5w (I thought I should be 6w)


So see the doctor, and midway got transferred to see the high-risk doctor (the one who saw me through the past delivery for Sammi and Samuel)


Was pleasantly surprised to know there's heartbeat detected too.


Well, ask to monitor and come back in 1 month's time.


Guess I'm still in a state of denial, or simply keep the surprise to myself sounds quite enticing.
No one, and I mean really no one... not even Eben, until 23 July.


Which not planned to tell him, except he was upset he didn't manage to stop in time at a traffic junction due to the slippery road (raining) and got flashed..


So prepared a small gift for him (well, its good to be messy at times, I can always dug a gift box out from the car!)



Look at his shocked face.
Yes, shocked, not surprised. and keep asking me, how does it happen!
And he cant imagine I kept from him for so long (almost a month?)
My silly boy.


I'm quite impressed with myself at keeping this secret for so long. Not my style.


The family only got to know end Aug, when I'm shifting from my house to my in-law house.
And its due to Eben behavior too.
"cannot this, cannot that, can you sit here, can you don't move, please don't carry ... "


Anyway, shall continue the story in another post. Getting too long and lengthy.











Comments

Popular Posts