Pumping Joy / Pumping struggles

When comes to pumping, i do have quite abit of struggles.
Either I'm stressing myself, to try to pump to get more milk flow, or I'm doing well/fine actually? Who knows... 

Been stressing myself over not able to pump sufficient. 
I had wanted to let him be on breastmilk fully. 

But daily at most can only do 1/2 of the feeds on breastmilk, the other 1/2 on formula milk.

It is 3rd week, going into 4th week since Joash is born.
From the start, can only manage like 10ml in the first 1-2 weeks (which is still the transitional milk), till 20-30ml for the 2nd week.

Last week manage 30-40ml.

Had tried to pump every 3hours, including night (after i feed him formula milk, i will continue with my pumping, before going back to sleep for 1hr+)

Then now manage between 40-50ml, though at times, if I happen to latch him before pumping, can only manage 10ml at times.

I suppose it means he is taking in the milk?

Oh, the longer i drag the pumping session the more i can express out.
Guess common sense, the body will just continue to produce and won't stop when the 3-hour interval is up..Phew.

Thus this morning, it is such joy to pump out 90ml!
(But disclaimer, after almost X hours not pumping, since i latch him regular last night)

Imagine seeing 90ml got me so happy, if every 3hr pump can yield that much and more, I will be overjoyed for sure!

Will still persist in 3hourly pump, during daytime. As that i read, will help to build up the supply.

I'm also waiting for my new toy, Spectra breast pump to reach me!

Somehow Medela cannot fully empty the breasts of breastmilk. I still need to hand-express out..

Read that Spectra is the best in market, and can really fully express out, which i should expect more yield!! 

Will review once I had received and tried.

(Will update on Medela too, still wanting to try the 21mm breast shields, to see if that helps in the suction)


Comments

Popular Posts