Confinement

Had always find it so irony. 
Confinement, without a baby?

But yes, despite no baby to bring home, it is still important to do good confinement, to ensure the body able to recover well, through food and sufficient rest.

Being a Chinese, to follow through the confinement regulation ain't easy.
No washing of hair for as long as one can stand? 
No bathing for as long as one can stand?

Gosh, it is tough.

I managed not to wash my hair for 10 days. 
The outcome? Dandruff... :(

Managed to wipe myself for 3 days, and when the confinement lady came on Monday, she said i can bathe, as long as using the herbs and boiled hot water.
Sounds good, and definitely feel good and clean and smell good too.

Have been eating confinement food as well, breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Standard ingredients are:
- ginger
- sesame oil

Supposedly to help to keep the body warm and disperse any air from body

Also black fungus soup, to help clear the clots in the body.

These are to be taken during first week and not allowed to take herbs to "bui" the body.
The replenishing with herbs such as danggui, drinking of DOM, had to start from 2nd week onwards.

Realized I had lost 4kg in a week.
Guess majority goes to the water bag, the placenta and baby Sarah.
Now my tummy is flabby, not firm anymore. :(

I do miss my pregnant bump, and baby Sarah with her gentle movement in me. Haiz ...

First time stepped out of house in the 7 days. Feel so ... weird, empty
Went for church service, and it did feel so ... serene, peace... 

Comments

Popular Posts