Tattoos: Lasting forever

I had planned to ink myself, but not for the same reason I inked for Sarah.
Somehow, the 2nd tattoo is still for the same reason.

Was doing some random reading and come across this saying on tattoo: 
"Each tattoo has a story to tell, a meaning behind."

Definitely the case for me and Eben.

This time, will need to have the previous one covered up with the new design.
Also, Eben decided he wanted to have one inked.

Initially he planned to only ink after we have given birth to them, but ...
Thus he felt the need to have one, plus he don't want just me to go through the pain.

We pondered for a week or two on what fonts for his.
Finally, the day arrived and we reached Moonstruck Tattoo Studio at Jalan Besar.
As Eben is a "virgin" to tattooing, he gets to go first.


The tattoo artist at work.

The final output. the first line: "Sa' rah. mmi.muel" actually comes from Eben.
(if one remembered, the font face for the first line, is what i had used for my first tattoo)

I didn't realise all our three babies' name starts with "Sa" until he was doodling on Starbucks serviette.
Quite a lovely way of phrasing all 3 of their names, in fact quite an artistic feel, and yet not too overwhelming as compared to listing their names outright like "Sarah.Sammi.Samuel".

As for the second line, it is actually part of two liners.
We decided that he took one line, i took the other.

I know Eben teared during the tattoo session. Not because of the pain, but because of the longing for them.

Him, happy that his first ink comes out real good, straight and neat.

Mine! This is the template, not the final template, because there's some freehand required to fill up and to ensure the "Sarah" got covered up.
This time, instead of using "standard" font face, it is actually my own handwriting.
More meaningful, more unique.
(Practiced a few rounds though, to ensure its the nicest among the rest, Okay, i know it still look kiddy)

Tattoo-ing in progress.


The outline is done. Next, colours.

colouring and shading in progress, along with overlays.

The final output for me.
Yes, three doves in pink and blue and a cross emblem.
Quite obvious whom the doves represent right?
Sarah, Sammi, Samuel, my three lovely children and they in heaven with Daddy God now.

Plus the second line.

"Always on my mind
Forever in my heart"

Our love and longing for three of them. Always on our minds, and forever in our hearts.

First design vs. second design (after 3 days)
Covered up, and definitely took up a bigger space on my body physically , not just my heart

I was told not to do anymore overlay of designs as there's only how much the skin can take.
Indeed, at the area of overlay, took longer time to heal with the plasma (blood) keep forming after surface is cleaned.

Told him, i don't intend too and i don't think so as well.
As not just the skin can't take it, the heart can't take it too.
******************************

Every night, Eben will say good-night to his arm before sleep.
He has been trying to act tough in front of me, to support me and not to affect me emotionally.
But deep down i know, the pain he had, how much he missed them.

Who say a guy can't feel sad or to reveal his sadness?
When a guy reveal his sadness and/or so-called reveal his weakness and tears, that is a real man. 
一个真男人是有感情的,是有感觉的
男人是可以流眼泪,是应该能抒发自己的情感。


As usual, the collage for instagram @mrmrsej







Comments

Popular Posts